Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Sample Dungeon Builder

 So, for a while I wanted to build a simple little dungeon generator to create the foundations of a dungeon. One element I wanted was that the generator could be used for solo or group play. After purchasing and downloading Matt Jackson's Dungeon Deck and playing a bit of solo stuff using Mere Anarchy, I came up with this.

While this is only a single component of the Mere Anarchy Dungeons booklet (there are additional elements that allow for discovering the theme of the dungeon and objects within, encounter difficulties, etc.), it serves as a starting point for building a basic dungeon and determining things like shape, size, room elements, doors, traps, and secrets. All in a quarter page with a d6. 

I want to keep Mere Anarchy simple and light and fast. I also want to include more visual references and avoid blocks of text - if avoidable. It's a skill I plan on practicing, this conversion of rules text into imagery. I find it damn fun.

You can pick up the sampler pdf in our downloads section.

Dirk


No comments:

Post a Comment

  The continent of Nuzoz was first introduced in the Nuzoz expansion to Far Away Land several years back. Along with the Seas of FAL, that m...