Monday, June 17, 2024

For those who may be unfamiliar with Far Away Land, I wanted to share some notes on where it currently resides in the gaming landscape. On DriveThruRPG, the Tome of Awesome (which is the core rulebook for the First Edition of the game) is a Gold bestseller with a 5-star rating. In addition to the Core Rules, each of the expansion books are Silver or Gold sellers, also with 5-star ratings. Along with these ratings and sales are a handful of reviews from various places, each of which praised Far Away Land’s design, mechanics, and aesthetics. And there are a bunch of free adventures that support the game. 


My goal with the Second Edition is to continue this trend. My company, Simian Circle Games, is small and until the last year, has consisted only of myself doing all writing, design, layout, art, etc. My goal with Second Edition is to create an awesome game, to build an awesome fantasy world that feels new and unique and fun, to swallow the viewer in visuals and artwork and lore that makes them interested in something I have spent so many hours creating. Far Away Land is my passion project. I love the FAL universe, and with the Second Edition, I hope this love and passion shows through and extends to others who have taken the time to get to know the game and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Announcement! The Far Away Land Kickstarter will live on Tuesday, August 6th. The campaign will run for 30 days. We are offering up a nice...