Thursday, August 22, 2024


 Earlier this summer I took a bit of a trip and just before I left I ordered “So You Want To Be A Game Master” from my friend Jeff Bezos’ website. I’ll say this, for any Game Master starting out, the best way to get used to running a game and attempting to herd a group of players is to simply start playing. That being said, I really think this is a fantastic book for both new and veteran gamers. On a long flight from New York to Munich, I was able to spend some time in Justin Alexander’s words and I found a great amount of content that, while I may have known about and implemented it before, I may have never articulated it to myself or others the way Alexander does. I found it wonderfully helpful to have simple things illustrated on the page. For new GMs, this is totally worth a read. For experienced GMs, I think it makes a great resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Latest update on where things stand with the recent Kickstarter project: Funds have been transferred. Proofs were ordered as of a couple ...