Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Site Updates and Generators!

 Greetings!

Creativity is Fluid
I realize that my path to making stuff whether it be games, art, writing, etc. is really dependent on my mood and what is influencing me at the time. This is really a driving force in my creative life and something that guides the direction I move. Mere Anarchy was really a side project to help me cleanse my palette from working on Far Away Land for so long. I just needed a creative outlet and that outlet became Mere Anarchy. And now that I am deeply invested in Mere Anarchy, I feel the creative pull in various directions as you will see below. This is just how I work and while this piece of process has its strengths, keeping things fresh, allowing me to learn new things, etc., it also has a downside in that I get sidetracked by things that inspire me and I want to pursue in the exact moment. For example, I will read a game or watch a video of a video game or see a post on Facebook and that single nugget may become a gravity well of inspiration for the day, week, or even longer. I'm a kite. So, if it feels like I am often all over the place in what I release or the direction I am taking things, that is pretty much the case - just blowing about on a sea of ideas and letting those ideas come to tangibility as I see fit. The nice thing about Mere Anarchy has been the release of finished content in stages. This has allowed me to feel the completion of a project and then the excitement and newness of a new project that I can begin work on. This has also offset the daily toil of creating a project in private over several months or even years. The community around Mere Anarchy has helped greatly with that.

Okay, a couple quick announcements...

Mere Anarchy in Italian
Mere Anarchy in Italiano has been updated with some small changes (thanks to Francesco Catenacci for all of his hard work and expeditious awesomeness in the translation of Mere Anarchy). I have always said that Mere Anarchy is an evolving work and subject to change. There won't be a Mere Anarchy 2nd edition or whatever but changes may take place in the existing rules over time. 

Mere Anarchy Generators
So, I am putting together a series of generators for Mere Anarchy. The NPC Generator is already up and the PC generator is on the way! A monster generator will follow shortly. Also in the works will be a world event generator and possibly an extensive history generator. It might be nice to have an output option and a print option as well? I'm in a learning phase here and starting from the bottom as far as coding knowledge. Fun to learn new things though.

Upcoming Releases
I am hoping to release the Mere Anarchy Kingdom rules here shortly. Playtesting was put on the backburner due to other stuff going on (I get sidetracked with things like the generators etc.). 

Dungeon Design Contest
The Dungeon Design Contest wraps up at the end of February. Submissions will be judged and the winner gets a sweet little miniature that I sculpted. The finished version is below!

Dirk




No comments:

Post a Comment

  The continent of Nuzoz was first introduced in the Nuzoz expansion to Far Away Land several years back. Along with the Seas of FAL, that m...