Monday, September 18, 2023

New Logo and Font!


I thought, with a second edition, it would also be a good thing to have a revised logo/font for the game. In all honesty, I was never that keen on the original FAL logo/font. It always felt a bit halfway to me. Sorta flat and boring. Maybe it’s one of those things you spend so much time on and it loses its appeal or you lose focus. Like re-reading a word again and again until it loses meaning. This is called semantic satiation and I wonder if there is a design/visual/art equivalent for that?

The original font is a text I created modified from an existing font (I don’t remember the name of it anymore). So, the original wasn't even a font, just an image that I kept copying and pasting and resizing and… ugh. No more. You might notice on some of the recent branding stuff that the new font looks different. I’ve just been testing here and there to see what works. What you see here is most likely the final design and primary color. I wanted to stick with red and white so it feels familiar but the old font has been replaced. Something a bit more streamlined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  The continent of Nuzoz was first introduced in the Nuzoz expansion to Far Away Land several years back. Along with the Seas of FAL, that m...