Tuesday, July 30, 2024


Back in the early ‘90s I got my hands on Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (WFRP). We had a shop at the local mall called Something To Do and I used to lust after all of the GURPS, D&D, Palladium, books they had in the racks. I rode my bike to the mall that day and in the used section I found WFRP, the one with the orange-haired-tattoed dwarf cleaving a goblin and the long haired warrior stabbing the one-armed mohawk guy. Upon opening the book the artwork immediately struck me. It was dark and gritty and chaotic. It seemed like someone was getting stabbed or cleaved on every page. And the careers section would let me make a character that was a smuggler or tunnel fighter or tomb robber. Needless to say I bought the book and I still have my original copy. WFRP was also my introduction to Games Workshop. And from there I became obsessed with the magazine White Dwarf and 40K Epic. Im getting off topic a bit because I loved those days. Even though I didn’t play a lot of WFRP (as my group was more D&D and later Rifts) I made tons of characters and the book influenced me in my own game sessions. I still love it to this day. What do you remember from your early days that you may not have played a lot but it left an indelible mark on your gaming experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Latest update on where things stand with the recent Kickstarter project: Funds have been transferred. Proofs were ordered as of a couple ...