Monday, August 19, 2024


 I have mentioned this in the past but I thought I might talk about it again as it is something that has really driven me in my approach to the aesthetic of Far Away Land. I really wanted an art style that stood out from other styles that dominated so many gaming books. I wanted a more cartoony, animated style that was hyper-colorful and simple opposed to so much game art that strives for realism or gritty darkness. It’s not that I dislike those styles in games like Pathfinder D&D, or darker games like Mork Borg, it’s just that I wanted something that felt more like Saturday morning, something that would help FAL stand out visually. Tabletop RPGs have been around for over 50 years and in that time there have been countless games and countless clones. While Far Away Land is very much in the old school gaming vein, I hope that people find the artwork, the mechanics, and the world both familiar and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Latest update on where things stand with the recent Kickstarter project: Funds have been transferred. Proofs were ordered as of a couple ...